"I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally, experience his resurrection power, be a partner in his suffering, and go all the way with him to death itself." ~Philippians 3:10

Apr 21, 2009

I really enjoyed yesterday. Installed a ceiling fan and it works! Then went and got a mattress and a couple chairs from the bodega (warehouse) and brought them out to monoloa. While I was there, Melvin and Oneida wanted me to look over their english homework and for the next hour and a half we had a great time working on homework. That is something the kids in that family have not had for almost five years now. A parent to help them with their homework. I really enjoyed it and you could tell that they were excited about it also. They would light up when they would get their answers right and didn't mind my joking with them when they didn't.

After leaving, I had to go to the hardware store to pick up some supplies for a friend who lives out in Santa Ana, then returned home at just in time to meet Lori and my mom as they returned from "lencaland".

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Sounds like a great day - sometimes I doing the homework thing but most times, I do not but I am so thrilled that these kids have you to encourage them - they are wonderful kids!!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home